Sympa Menu

cacert-policy - Re: TTP and the word that we don't use in polite conversation ("trust")

Subject: Policy-Discussion

Re: TTP and the word that we don't use in polite conversation ("trust")

  • From: Ian G <iang AT cacert.org>
  • To: cacert-policy AT lists.cacert.org
  • Subject: Re: TTP and the word that we don't use in polite conversation ("trust")
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:19:44 +1100

On 25/10/10 9:42 PM, Ian G wrote:
Responding to two at once, trust me :) warning warning, long rant ahead!

For those who want to follow this interesting marketing question (which is to say, it's not about tech at all, it's about marketing and brand and business and so forth) there is an announcement from VeriSign / Symantec that they are separating out their use of the word from SSL certificates:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/smb/security/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=228100030

Read the whole thing to see more evidence of the big shift that is happening triggered by the arisal of phishing [1].

iang

[1] My own comments at:
https://financialcryptography.com/mt/archives/001292.html
in which much is unsaid.