Sympa Menu

cacert-policy - Re: Data Protection Web

Subject: Policy-Discussion

Re: Data Protection Web

  • From: Benedikt Heintel <benedikt AT cacert.org>
  • To: cacert-policy AT lists.cacert.org
  • Subject: Re: Data Protection Web
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 23:19:07 +0200

Dear Grégoire,

Thanks for you input.

We do offer services hosted in different countries. Our main systems are
located in the Netherlands. However, should we change the DPweb, if we
change the location? I think no.

Am 16.09.2014 um 20:10 schrieb Grégoire Sandré:
> Benedikt,
>
> I suppose that you attached the file, but as xhtml is "executable" it is
> filtered out by MS Outlook. :-(
>
> In previous versions I noticed that no quote was done about Cacert Inc.
> being in Australia but hosting, so privacy, being regulated by Netherland
> law.
> In France (I think this is coherent with EU directives) editor information
> shall be stated somewhere linked directly to the home page.

This is a special problem. Since there is not one single binding
regulation but multiple, I tried to not touch this topic. The given
DPweb is compliant with the EU data privacy directive, but not necessary
with federal law of the EU member states. We do not have the resources
to write a DPP for each country.

> Hope this helps.

I hope this explains, I'm open for further discussions.

> Regards.
>
> Grégoire

Regards
Benedikt

--
Benedikt Heintel -
benedikt AT cacert.org
CAcert Assurer for People & Organizations
CAcert internal Auditor

CAcert.org - Secure Together
http://www.cacert.org

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.