Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

cacert-policy - Re: Update of the 11 Policies set to POLICY by 2014-07-31

Subject: Policy-Discussion

List archive

Re: Update of the 11 Policies set to POLICY by 2014-07-31


Chronological Thread 
  • From: Eva Stöwe <eva.stoewe AT cacert.org>
  • To: cacert-policy AT lists.cacert.org
  • Subject: Re: Update of the 11 Policies set to POLICY by 2014-07-31
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:32:11 +0200
  • Organization: CAcert

Dear @ll,

I have done some more changes to said policies.

For some of them the editor I used had removed the visual numbering and
added some technical numbering, instead. I have changed those to have both.

Also one of the changes a software assessor did on my behalf changed the
colour of the SP, I changed this back.

Last but not least I have changed the links to the SP and AP that were
contained in the CPS so that they will point to the new location (on the
main website) of the CPS. As this are absolute links (as more or less
all the policies have told me that they should be in their comments),
they will only start to work after the SP is moved to the correct
position. Please do not get confused by this when helping to test those
updated policies.

It would really be great if some of you would help us there. Without
someone testing the policies they may not be moved to the main website.


On 22.09.2014 07:52, Eva Stöwe wrote:
> Dear Policy Group,
>
> tldr: Please review the content of the 11 polcies and sub-policies that
> were moved to POLICY on the testserver. The review (test) should be
> about the correctness of the content - not the structure or ideas for
> content changes as those may NOT be done with the move from DRAFT to
> POLICY and this is the step that we are doing there.
>
> Link: https://cacert1.it-sls.de/policy/
>
> If you have to report something you can do it here or at:
> https://bugs.cacert.org/view.php?id=1131
>
>
>
>
> I want to inform you, that I send new versions of the 11 policies and
> sub-policies that were set to POLICY status with p20140731 to the
> software team, to initiate the process to place them on the website.
>
> Naturally, I had to do some adjustments, but I hope they are within the
> range that I may do as PolO based on p20100306.
>
> It would be quite long to list them all individually, so I hope you
> accept a compilation.
>
> I had to change the header to match the requirements for POLICY status
> instead of the old DRAFT status. Some headers previously were not of the
> form that is required by the PoP so I changed them, accordingly.
>
> There were also some changes to non-visible parts of the policies - for
> example I often changed the format classes to match them to what
> actually is used.
>
> Also I had to remove all highlighting of changes and the removed parts
> of former policies (when there were such changes).
>
> As there was a policy decision, that policies should be in plain html, I
> also had to convert xhtml versions to plain html. If there was a link to
> check the validity of the xhtml I removed it.
>
> For the CPS I removed everything that was marked to be deleted for
> POLICY status. I also removed some wrong references in the header above
> the start of the policy (there ware some outdated references about
> license). Further I removed a lot of comments that were not visible,
> including a huge amount of xkcd references. The internal links and tags
> had to be changed as well to match current html.
>
> At the end of this process I discovered that the numbering was lost, as
> well (I had used some tools to help me). I tried to replace them
> afterwards, but it may be that I missed something, if this is the case,
> please tell me to fix it. It was an accident.
>
> I corrected one external link, where there was a typo in the CPS.
>
> Some links need to be changed. For example those to link to the SP as it
> now will be moved to the main website, as well and the links point to
> the svn. I hope to be able to do so tomorrow.
>
> There were also whitespaces changed.
>
>
> Nonetheless, as all the files were uploaded to the testserver, I ask you
> to check and test them. The correct html will be checked by the software
> assessors. The important part to do will be to check the content and to
> compare it against known old versions and changes.
>
> I tried to stay as much as possible with the original documents I used
> for the updating. So as for example if there was a mixture of relative
> and absolute links that was not changed.
>
> As we now have a Document Officer, there is a chance to get a new layout
> for all of them. But this should better be done in a coordinated session
> with just those changes. (Also some of the policies need some work on
> the content, dearly and may be changed because of this, soon.)
>
> Thanks to everybody who is helping to update the policies. :)
>

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Eva Stöwe
CAcert Assurer
CAcert Case Manager & Arbitrator
CAcert.org - Free Certificates
E-Mail:
eva.stoewe AT cacert.org

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature




Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page